1. Be Physically ActiveThis is a favorite when it comes to advocating a healthy lifestyle. In boosting your sexual libido, being active is important, too. This is because one of the important ways to optimize your health is by exercising, particularly doing cardiovascular workouts. Cardio workouts, such as running, jogging, biking, walking, swimming and even dancing keep your heart in shape. Once your heart is in good condition, it will be able to pump enough blood and send it in important areas of your body, especially your man down south. It is also good to prep you up in the bedroom. More importantly, regular exercise helps you shed off unwanted pounds. Now, that is hitting two birds with one stone, right?
2. Watch What You EatAside from regular workouts, what you eat also plays a major role in your libido. The basics are there – fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean meat and basically, anything healthy. However, this will never be enough. In fact, you need food that will help increase blood flow to the area down south to help in your erections. This includes:
- Bananas – This yellow fruit is rich in potassium and helps lower your blood pressure. In return, your penis is happy and at the same time, it boosts your performance in bed.
- Chili Peppers – Spicy foods are known aphrodisiacs. Aside from getting you in the mood, natural spicy foods reduce hypertension and inflammation, which helps you in your blood flow.
- Eggs –New studies show that eggs are high in B vitamins that balance the hormone levels, decrease stress and eventually help you get and maintain an erection.
- Omega 3s–Omega 3 foods, such as salmon and tuna are heart-healthy foods. Aside from this, Omega-3 rich foods help increase blood flow, especially in important areas such as your member.
3. Say Goodbye To StressLet’s face it. Stress is inevitable. Everywhere you go, stress will find a way to come knocking at your door. Unfortunately, stress increases your heart rate and blood pressure – in a bad way. In return, this affects your sexual desire and performance in bed. Worse, it could lead to bad lifestyle habits. Therefore, having your own list of stress-busting activities is advisable. Exercise is a good way to combat stress while helping you lose weight. If you are not the exercise type, come up with your own techniques to help you relax. It could be watching a movie, reading a good book, taking a walk in the park, buying a new pair of kicks or even a trip to the ice cream store will do. The point is you should be able to get rid of stress. Once you shoo it away, your libido may go back to its natural course.
4. Kick Those Bad HabitsAside from stress, bad habits can create chaos inside your body, which could lead to lack of libido. Sure, you are stressed just like anyone else. However, your idea of relaxing should not include beer, alcohol, drugs and fatty foods. A glass of wine or beer can help give your penis a boost through proper blood circulation. Unfortunately, too much of this could spell disaster inside the bedroom. Stimulants tend to narrow the blood vessels, which is often a gateway towards lower sex drive and ability. You wouldn’t want that, do you?
5. Have Sex – A lotIf you don’t use it, you lose it. It may sound like a threat to you, but truth be told, not using your man down there will mean it will lose its purpose in life, too. Your penis is meant for pleasure and action. You lost the drive, but so what? If you really want to boost your libido and eventually bring your sex drive back to where it belongs, then have sex – and lots of it. It doesn’t have to be penetration every night. Be patient and focus on stimulation first. Don’t put too much pressure on yourself by forcing penetration. Take it easy. Then address any forms of pleasure the following day until you are able to get back your momentum.
6. Say Hello To Mr. SunNot everyone is fond of the sun. It is hot, painful on the skin and only gives you sunburn. On the other hand, there are still people who enjoy its appearance, sans the sunburn. Did you know that getting D vitamin is an effective sex drive booster? Sun limits your body’s production of melanin, a hormone that makes you hit the snooze button. Aside from this, melanin is also responsible for putting your sexual urges to sleep. It turns out that the lesser melatonin you have, the hornier you are, at least according to a 2002 study. Hence, it won’t hurt if you go out and stay under the sun for 10 minutes at times when the sun is not at its peak. Go out early in the morning or late in the afternoon for the best times. This is particularly important during winter season when your body produces more melatonin than any other seasons. Letting the sun hit your skin for a few minutes everyday will surely wake up your sex drive. It’s a good source of vitamins, too. Just make sure you don’t stay under the sun for too long. Too much sun exposure is not good for your skin and may lead to sunburn. A sunscreen on hand will be of big help.
7. Pay Attention To Your LadyMost men can be selfish in bed, including you. Just because your libido decided to hit the break, that doesn’t mean your girl should suffer, too. Ask her what turns her on and pay extra attention to her sexual desires. This will help you slow down and eventually turn you on as you go through the process. Sex is not just about getting pleasure and orgasm. Those are just a bonus. Focusing on your partner’s needs and alternating your pace can make sex more pleasurable and enjoyable for both of you.
8. Address Medical And Psychological Issues, If AnyOne of the major reasons why your sex drive is missing is because of underlying conditions. Whether it is psychological or medical, issues such as diabetes, obesity or depression could affect your sex drive and overall sex life in a bad way. High blood pressure, heart problems and high cholesterol are also some of the many culprits why your sex drive decided to take a break. Regardless of your condition, the bottom line is to address it. None of these tips will work if the problem is still there. You need to consult your doctor regarding the best treatments for you and ask for medications that won’t affect your libido in a negative way.
9. COMMUNICATEMost men don’t like talking about their feelings, especially when it involves the guy down there. Admit it. You don’t want to talk about it with your girl as well. However, talking about the problem with someone closest to you and who won’t judge you will help you a lot in the process. If you feel your libido has decided to shift gears and stay on the neutral side for quite some time, talk about it with your partner. She will be more willing and understanding to help you find solutions and treatments to your issue down south. You can even work out a strategy on how to have sex, or some closeness with each other.
10. Get Professional HelpWhen all else fails and yet, you tried everything to give your man down there a boost, then maybe it’s time to consult a doctor. Don’t be afraid to talk to your doctor about the symptoms you feel and your desire to get back in the sex department. Don’t worry. They heard tons of issues that are the same with you, so they’ll never make fun of you. Talking to a doctor is crucial, since there may be underlying reasons why your sex drive is on neutral mode. He may order tests to check the possible causes, not just of low sex drive, but also your testosterone levels. At the same time, he could prescribe you with the necessary treatments to help you get better and eventually bring out your inner sex lion inside the bedroom. Losing your desire for sex is not the end of the world. The challenge now is how willing are you to address your condition?Or the better question is, do you want to sideline your guy for an indefinite period? It’s your choice, but whatever you do, rule out serious health problems and talk to your partner about it.
Please follow and like us: