Hardness problems are one of the most common conditions haunting men these days. For many, it feels like the end of the world, especially for their sex lives, while for some there is still hope.
Things changed when they introduced a certain pill for this in 1998. Finally, men who have ED can get an erection and actually sustain it.
Aside from that option, other treatments for limpness are easily accessible and quite cost-effective. Make sure to understand all your options that will help you get be ready for sex, as well as make sex pleasurable for you and your partner.
Get The Facts: Hardness Problems
Did you know that almost half of American men over 40 have struggled with getting wood? In addition, an estimated 15 to 30 million American men below 40 suffer from this often devastating issue.
This is an alarming number. For some, these erection issues happen from time to time, while for others, getting their member up is a difficult thing to do.
Also called “impotence,” erectile dysfunction, or ED, is a medical term that refers to the inability to achieve and/or maintain an erect penis sufficient for sexual function. This can cause low self-esteem, performance anxiety, depression, stress and even relationship issues with your partner.
ED becomes common as you age. Aside from this, medical conditions such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, high cholesterol or high blood pressure can be the main culprit. In addition, lifestyle factors such as obesity, tobacco and alcohol use or even drug use can lead to erectile dysfunction.
Most of the time, ED can be treated either through natural means or by medical intervention depending on the cause.
6 Non-surgical Erectile Dysfunction Treatment Options
The truth is erectile dysfunction is a sign that there may be something serious going on inside your body.
On the other hand, ED may be your body’s way of saying, “please be good to me, too.”
Whatever the causes may be, here is a list of the different natural erectile dysfunction treatment available, so you can finally bring the sexy back in bed.
- Lifestyle Changes – If you want the simplest way to treat ED, then start changing your lifestyle.
Studies show that too much use of alcohol can lead to premature ejaculation and ED. Smoking prevents the blood flow down there, which can make it difficult to get it up. Hence, quit or at least limit smoking and drinking. Start exercising and get rid of that belly.
You’ll be surprised with the changes down there simply by exchanging unhealthy habits for better ones.
- L-Arginine – There is one thing in common among male enhancement pills: L-Arginine. This amino acid is naturally present in the body and helps make nitric oxide.
This will in turn relax your blood vessels, boost the blood flow in your penis and help you get an erection.
In fact, studies show that those who take L-Arginine everyday saw an improvement in their sexual function.
- Acupuncture – Did you know that acupuncture could treat ED, too? It may sound strange, but a 1999 study published in the Journal of Sexual Medicine found that acupuncture improved the quality of erections and restored sexual activity in 39 percent of the subjects.
Some studies may show conflicting results, but it does work for some, so it’s worth a try.
- Male Enhancement Pills – This is the most common erectile dysfunction treatment.
Pills contain PDE-5 inhibitors that help relax the muscle cells in your penis and increase blood flow.
There are also pills that are made of natural herbs and aphrodisiacs proven to boost blood flow and help you get and maintain an erection. Take VigRX Plus for instance. It is a natural male enhancement pill proven to give you bigger, harder and longer-lasting erections. It can increase your sexual desire and give you more frequent orgasms, too. VigRX is a product of more than 10 years of men’s sexual health research. It uses only the freshest and highest quality ingredients. As a result, you have a superior pill that can truly give you the erection you deserve.
- Injections – If oral medications don’t work, maybe it’s time to move on the next option: injections. An injection goes directly into the base or the side of your penis that contains a synthetic version of prostaglandin, a hormone-like substance that works the same with ED pills. If this works, you can try performing the injections yourself at home.
- Penis Pump – It may seem funny to you, but one of the most effective treatments for erectile dysfunction is penis pump. Air is pumped out of the tube to create a vacuum, which in turn pulls blood into the penis and result to an erection. Then you place a ring on the base of your penis to prevent the blood from flowing out. This can definitely keep your man standing up however; this is only good for 30 minutes.
Erectile Dysfunction Surgery
When all else fails, erectile dysfunction surgery might be the best treatment for you. Again, erectile dysfunction is due to a variety of different factors.
However, if you experienced serious injury or trauma to your pelvic area or you are born with an anatomical problem down there, then surgery can be your solution.
An example of this is vascular reconstructive surgery. This procedure involves the bypassing of blocked arteries by transferring an artery from your abdominal muscle to a penile artery. This will create a path to the penis that bypasses the area of blockage that prevents blood flow to the penis.
Penile Implants can also be considered, however make this your last resort. Implants are irreversible, because they replace your natural erection tissue. You can go for the following options:
- Malleable Or Semi-Rigid Implants – A surgeon implants a pair of flexible silicon rods inside your penis. This is advisable for older men who do not have sex on a regular basis.
- Inflatable Implants – A surgeon places hollow cylinders inside the erectile tissue of your penis.
The cylinders connect to a fluid reservoir and pump, which they surgically implant in your penis.
If you want to get an erection, you just have to inflate the cylinders using the small pump that is located in the scrotum.
These are only some of the many erectile dysfunction treatment options you can use. Apparently, what works for others may not work for you. Expect to do a bit of trial and error work until you find the method that is best for you. At the same time, understand the causes behind your ED to make sure you are getting the right treatment.
So, have you made your choice?