There is the tendency for some people to limit penis health to having a better erection. Erection alone does not determine a healthy penis. A number of different factors can affect your penis health. You should be able to identify those factors and prevent them in order to enhance the health of your penis.
Having a healthy penis is an important aspect of your health as a man. It is much more than having strong erections, ejaculating or getting a woman pregnant. There are some problems affecting your penis that can also cause you some other health problems. Penis problems can be detrimental to your health. Therefore, you should take them seriously, especially if it can affect your relationship, as well.
Penis Health: 6 Factors You Need To Know
By understanding what can affect the health of your penis, you may avoid serious problems from developing. Here are some of the factors that can affect your penis health:
- Heart Issues: Heart problems can lead to erectile issues, because such health conditions are capable of restricting the flow of blood to the penis. Blood flow is highly necessary to have and maintain an erection.
- Unprotected Sex: A number of sexually transmitted infections can affect penis health. The major means of contracting these infections is through unprotected sex
- Smoking: Aside from emphysema and lung cancer, smokers are more vulnerable to erection problems, or the inability to get wood.
- Certain Medications And Treatments: Certain medications for the treatment of some illnesses can reduce the quality of your penis health. Certain surgical procedures, related to the prostate, can lead to limpness and incontinence.
- Hormonal Imbalance: Low level of sex hormones such as testosterone or overproduction of certain hormones, like prolactin have been the cause of some cases of erection problems.
- Aging: As we advance in age, the level of certain hormones like testosterone becomes low because of a decline in the production in the body.
Other problems that may have some negative effects on penis health include psychological problems and neurological conditions.
Other activities that can cause harm include piercing of the penis, which leads to skin infections. Rough use, such as acrobatic sex or masturbation can even cause a penis fracture.
Health Conditions That Affect The Penis
Here are some of the health problems that can affect the penis:
- Erection And Ejaculation Problems: A number of erection and ejaculation related problems affect men today. The inability of a man to have and maintain a strong erection suitable for vaginal penetration during sexual intercourse is a problem for many guys.
Some ejaculation related problems can reduce penile health. Typical examples of such problems are quick ejaculation, inability to ejaculate and painful ejaculation.
Some others include delayed ejaculation and retrograde ejaculation, which is when semen enters the bladder rather than coming via the penis.
- Infections: Some sexually transmitted infections can reduce the quality of your penis health.Each of these infections may have unique symptoms.
Some of the symptoms associated with such infections are discharge from the penis and painful urination.
Some other issues include painful blisters and sores on the penis and/or around the genital area.
Foreskin Problems: There are some problems affecting the penis, which are associated with the foreskin. Uncircumcised men normally experience these problems.
Other diseases can affect the penis. Some of these diseases include, but are not limited to, yeast infections causing white or reddish patches on the penis and balanitis, which refers to the inflammation of the penis head causing foul and painful discharges. Some more diseases are peyronie disease and penile cancer.
Protecting Penis Health: Knowing The Symptoms Of Penis Problems
As we have seen above, there are a number of health conditions affecting the penis. Each of these conditions has their own symptoms. It is most appropriate to look at each condition and its symptoms. Here are the common symptoms of the main types of penis problems:
- Not ejaculating normally
- Having blood in your semen or urine
- Painful or burning sensation during urination
- Warts, lesions, rashes, or bumps on your genital area or penis
- Pain resulting from severe curvature of the penis interfering with sexual intercourse
- Pain following penis fracture (note that penis fracture is very rare)
Tips For Improving The Health Of Your Penis
Here are some penis health care tips that you should follow:
Ensure that you have erections regularly in order to maintain the shape of your penis. The penis muscles require enough oxygen in order to look toned and smoothened. It is through erection that blood-carrying oxygen gets to the penis in large amounts.
- Avoid having unprotected sex, so that you will not contract sexually transmitted infections.
- Vaccinate yourself against certain conditions affecting the penis, such as genital warts.
- Engage in exercise in order to enhance the quality of your erection and your sexual performance.
- Have good bodily hygiene, especially if you uncircumcised to reduce your risk of getting some infections. Many bacteria live around the genital area, but if you have good bodily hygiene, then you will be able to get rid of most of them.
- Beware of the medications you take, especially if you are suffering from certain health conditions, like diabetes and hypertension.
- Stop smoking. Smoking affects all areas of the body. Not only that, smoking gives you smelly breath, so quitting is a win-win for everyone around you.
- Enhance the quality of your mental health by treating your depression and avoiding stress.
- Have sex more often, because the regular use of the penis helps to improve erectile function.